Sunday 21 April 2013

Basel World 2013: What I would like to see/my predictions

Well its that time of year again for the newest releases from the rest of the watch making world after SIHH.

Basel World is held this year from April 25 to May 2, 2013.

I am looking forward to seeing what Tag Heuer brings out since this year is the 50th Anniversary of the Carrera.  If they make a 3 registered chrono based on the old school versions, I will be a happy chappy!

The famous Rolex Cosmograph is also celebrating its 50th.  Rumours are floating around that the size will be increased from 40mm to 44mm. Hopefully it is the Stainless Steel that receives the upgrades.  Going by past history of Rolex and its order of metals, it is a possibility.   I do like a watch at 44mm but that only applies to Panerai for me.  I would like the size to remain at 40mm, but would like to see a ceramic bezel and a dials that resemble the old Daytona's such as the Paul Newman and pre Daytona designation chronographs.

Its always an exciting time and will be looking forward to see all the new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment