Monday 29 July 2013

New arrival in my collection: Seiko Monster Blue Limited Edition

The Blue!


 I  managed to acquire this piece from a friend who I am very thankful to for allowing me to purchase it.  It is a Seiko released along with 3 others to celebrate 100 years of watch making.  Its official model number is SRP455K.


Although it is not an official designation this particular model has the nickname "Monster"  and its relative is called a "Tuna".  These names have stuck and the watches are known by collectors by these names.

 Aesthetically the watch is beautiful.  The dial has a lovely blue hue, which changes with the light.  The bezel is a darker blue colour and really does remind me of the ocean.  It too also changes in the light.

The watch features an updated movement from the first generation Monster.  It has a hackable seconds hand,  and it can also be manually wound

The bezel rotates crisply and is comparable to similar dive watches which have a significantly higher price.

The strap for the watch is rubber and fits nicely but has too much tail.  I have ordered a NATO Strap and am looking forward to installing it.

I really am over the moon having this watch and am happy its my first Seiko.





No comments:

Post a Comment